7 Principles of Successful Investing*
- Diversify and Custody Away – Diversify broadly and never custody your assets with your adviser.
- Keep it Simple – Buy the market (via mutual funds & ETFs) instead of trying to pick individual securities.
- Stay the Course – Invest for the long-term. Don’t try to time the market buy jumping in and out.
- Keep Fees & Expenses Low – Transparency is necessary to keep fees & expenses low.
- Don’t Overspend – Safe spending levels vary based on pre or post retirement status.
- Expect Volatility – Markets are, and will remain, volatile.
- Ignore Wall Street & the Financial Media Noise – Wall Street is set-up to make money for Wall Street, and the financial media is entertainment, not advice.
We offer these 7 Principles of Successful Investing so you can potentially have a favorable, real-world, lifetime investing experience. Nobody knows what the future holds, so, obviously, there are no guarantees. However, these 7 principles incorporate pragmatic concepts and common-sense ideas designed to help you create, grow, and keep wealth.
* These general investment principles are, obviously, not a specific, or customized, investment recommendation nor do they suggest one should invest in any sector, security, or type of security.
Want to learn more? Call us today at 206.259.0575 or email us HERE.
DISCLOSURE: Pacific Northwest Asset Management, LLC (hereinafter “PNW Asset Management”) is an investment adviser registered with Washington State. PNW Asset Management may not transact business in states where it is not appropriately registered, excluded or exempt from registration. Individualized responses to persons that involve either the effecting of transactions in securities, or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, will not be made without registration or exemption.